Adana kebabı is a long, hand-minced meat kebab mounted on a wide iron skewer and grilled on an open mangal filled with burning charcoal. The culinary item is named after Adana, the fifth largest city of Turkey and was originally known as the Kıyma kebabı or Kıyma in Adana-Mersin and the southeastern provinces of Turkey. This kebab can also be prepared in a tawa. This kebab is mainly served with roti.
- 700 g Minced meat
- 1/2 Cup Onion Chopped
- 2-3 Red chilli Chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp Coriander leaves Chopped
- 2-3 Green chilli
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Mint leaves Chopped
- Salt As required
- 1 Tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Black pepper powder
- In a blender add minced meat, onion, red chillies, coriander leaves, green chillies, cumin and mint leaves. Blend them together.
- To this add all the other ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate it for an hour.
- Prepare the kebab in iron skewers and grill it till cooked.