How to make Bread Jamun
Bread jamuns are made of bread. Generally people make jamuns with solid milk (khoya). Jamuns can be also made with semolina. Jamuns are indian sweet item. These are small ball dipped in sugar syrup. Sweet carving people will really love to eat jamuns.
Jamuns are really easy to prepare , a soft dough is prepared with any items like khoya, milk powder, bread or semolina. The dough is made into balls and then fried and finally dipped in sugar syrup. Now a days jamun mix is available ready made in supermarket. Here I prepare jamuns prepared from bread dough.
- 10 Slices Bread
- 1 Tsp All purpose flour
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Drops Vanilla essence
- 3 Almond Chopped
- A Pinch Saffron Optional
- Blend the bread slices into powder.
- In a bowl add powdered bread, all purpose flour, milk and oil. Mix them well. Kneed them and form a soft dough
- Make small balls with the dough
- Deep fry the jamuns in oil
- In a pan add sugar, water and vanilla essence. Boil them till sugar syrup gets sticky texture.
- Add the fried bread jamuns to the sugar syrup prepared.
- We can use cardamom powder instead of vanilla essence
- Add 1/4 tsp of lemon juice to the sugar syrup before putting the jamuns.