Chicken pottitherichathu is one of the famous snack item in kerala, kannur district. This snack is one of delicious snack prepared. Kannur district in kerala is famous for many many delicious food items. Chicken pottitherichathu is one among them.
The peoples of kannur district treat their guest with a lot variety of snacks. Chicken pottitherichathu is a simple and easy snack can be prepared from home.
This snack item got its name due to its look. The word pottitherichathu means burst out. The snack looks like something had burst out of it. So lets see how to prepare this tasty snack.
- 500 g Chicken breast
- 2 Tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 Tsp Paprika powder
- 1 Tsp Pepper powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Pinch Garam masala powder
- Samosa sheet
- 1 Egg
- Cut the chicken to long pieces.
- Marinate the chicken with paprika powder, pepper powder, ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder and salt
- Skewer the chicken in bamboo skewers.
- Cut the samosa sheet into thin long pieces.
- Coat the skewered chicken with egg and then roll them in the samosa sheet slices.
- Deep fry them in oil. Chicken pottitherichathu is ready.
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water before using.