Upma is a type of Indian food. It is most common in south India.
It is served as a breakfast food item. Upma is made with crushed rice, roasted semolina or even whole wheat farina.
People who are diet conscious can have upma with whole wheat farina. It is one of the healthy food item.
There are various other names for an upma. The name according to the region. Uppuma, upmavu, upittu are some other names for upma.
There are several ways for preparing an upma. Sometimes roasted semolina is simply cooked like a porridge and then thickened.
Sometimes veggies are also added to the upma to make it look attractive and tasty.
Now a days there are various other variety in upma like corn upma, aval upma, and even vermicelli upma.
Here I’m preparing upma with Chinese fusion. Some veggies and scrambled eggs are added to this and it is prepared like a fried rice.
This is one of tasty way to prepare upma. Let’s see how to prepare it.
- 2 Cup Whole wheat farina Roasted
- 1/4 Cup Onion Finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic Finely chopped
- 3/4 Cup Green bell pepper Finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Carrot Finely chopped
- 2 Green chilli
- 1 Tsp Pepper powder
- 4 Egg
- Salt As required
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Water As required
- 1 Tbsp Soya sauce
- 2 Tbsp Coriander leaves Finely chopped
- In a pan add some oil and then add whole wheat farina. Slightly roast it for a minute.
- To this add water as required to cook the whole wheat farina.
- In a pan add some oil and eggs. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top and scramble it.
- In a pan add some oil and add onion, ginger and garlic and saute it for a minute.
- To this add bell pepper, carrot, green chilli, pepper powder and salt. Mix it all well.
- To this add some soya sauce and saute it for a minute.
- Then add the scrambled eggs to this. Mix it well.
- Add the cooked whole wheat farina and mix it all well.
- Finally add some coriander leaves and mix it well. Turn off the flame. Chinese upma ready.
- Can also prepare this tasty upma with roasted semolina, vermicelli or rice upma as your taste.
- Can add any veggies like cabbage or green peas as you prefer.