Peda or Pera is a sweet dish from the Indian subcontinent. It originated from Mathura, Uttar Pradesh, India. It is usually prepared in thick, semi-soft pieces, its main ingredients are khoa, sugar and traditional flavorings including cardamom, pistachio nuts and saffron. Its colour varies from a creamy white to a caramel colour. The word peda is also generically used to mean a sphere of any doughy substance such as flour or khoa. Recently there are large varieties in peda in color and shapes.
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Cup Condensed milk
- 1/4 Cup Powdered sugar
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- Cashew nut To garnish
- In a pan add ghee, and heat it.
- To this add milk powder, powdered sugar, and milk. Mix it all well.
- Saute, stir and cook till it form thick dough.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and add cocoa powder. Mix it well.
- Take small portion and shape it. Garnish with cashew nuts.