How to make Delicious Flower Dumplings
Dumplings can be either steamed or fried. Dumplings are seen in many other countries also. The sauce or the dip used with the dumpling make it much tastier.
Momos and dumplings are similar. They are called dumplings because these are a type of lumps in liquid or the dip.
Lumps means the ball or dough seen in a liquid. It is also said that the name dumplings is originated because this is dumped in the liquid or sauce.
There are generally two types of dips for a dumpling, one which is prepared with soya sauce which is not much spicy.
The other one is prepared with red chilli which is really very spicy. The flower dumpling are very easy to prepare.
So let us see how to prepare flower dumpling.
- 1 Cup Basmati rice
- 500 g Boneless chicken
- 1/2 Cup Onion Finely chopped
- 2 Tsp Pepper powder
- 1 Tsp Soya sauce
- 1 Tsp Ginger garlic paste
- Salt As required
- 1/4 Cup Coriander leaves Finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Soak the basmati rice in water for 3 hours
- In a grinder, grind the chicken.
- In a pan add some oil, to this add onion and ginger garlic paste and saute well for a minute.
- To the minced chicken add the sauted onion mix. Then mix it well.
- To this add pepper powder, soya sauce, salt and coriander leaves. Mix them well.
- Make the chicken mix to small balls.
- Strain out the basmati rice. Roll and coat the chicken balls with basmati rice.
- Steam these coated balls. Flower chicken dumplings are ready.