A French macaroon is a meringue like confection which is made with egg whites, icing sugar, granulated sugar, almond flour and food coloring. This meringue like confectionary is filled with any type of cream. Mainly butter cream is used as the filling. It is very attractive to see and it has very delicate texture. It is like a shell from the outside and chewy inside. Now lets see how to prepare this confectionery.
- 1 3/4 Cup Powdered sugar
- 1 Cup Almond powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Egg white
- 1/4 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/4 Tsp Food colour
- 2 Stick Butter Room temperature
- 2 Cup Powdered sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 Tbsp Fresh cream Optional
- In a blender add powdered sugar, almond powder and salt. Blend them to smooth powder.
- Sift this powder for 2 or 3 times.
- In a bowl add the egg whites and salt . Beat them with electric beater.
- To the egg white gradually add granulated sugar and beat them till stiff peak.
- To this add vanilla essence and food color and beat it for a minute.
- To this add the powdered mix and gradually fold and mix it all well.
- In a piping bag add this mix.
- In a baking tray layer the butter paper. Pipe the mix to 1 inch width.
- Let is rest for an hour.
- Preheat the oven for 150℃ and bake it for 15 minutes.
- Let the meringue cool down completely.
- In a bowl put the butter, powdered sugar. Beat them with electric beater.
- To this add vanilla essence and fresh cream. Mix and make it a smooth cream.
- Pipe this cream on the meringue prepared. Cover it with another one. French macrons ready.
- make sure the piped batter rest well.
- if the batter dry completely we can move our fingers back and forth over it.
- after baking also let it cool down completely. Otherwise there is chance of breaking.