Hummus is a dip or spread which is popular dish in middle east . It is prepared from cooked chickpeas blended with tahini, lemon juice and garlic. The tahini is a paste prepared from sesame seed. The word hummus is an arabic word which means chickpeas. Now lets see how to prepare this arabic dip hummus.
- 1 Cup Chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 Tsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Soak the chickpeas overnight.
- Cook the chickpeas till soften.
- In a pan add olive oil and garlic. Slightly roast the garlic in the oil.
- In a blender add cooked chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, salt, roasted garlic and olive oil. Blend to smooth paste.
- Serve it in a flat plate and garnish with some olive oil.
- Instead of tahini it can also be prepared with some roasted sesame seeds.