Kaju katli which literally means cashew slices. It also known as kaju barfi. It is an Indian dessert similar to a barfi. Kaju means cashew. Barfi is often made by thickening milk with sugar and other ingredients such as dry fruits and some spices. Kesar kaju katli is a kaju katli recipe that includes saffron. The dish is prepared with cashew nuts soaked in water for overnight, which are then ground to a paste. Sugar solution is boiled down until a single thread forms when two fingers are dipped into it and pulled apart, after which it is added to the ground cashews. Ghee, saffron and dried fruits may also be added. The paste is then spread and flattened in a shallow, flat-bottomed dish and cut into diamond-shaped pieces. The pieces are usually decorated with edible silver foil. Katli is traditionally eaten during Diwali.
- 1 Cup Cashew nut
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Milk Optional
- 1/2 Tsp Ghee
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom powder
- Edible foil To garnish
- In a blender add the cashew nut and blend to smooth powder.
- In a pan add sugar and water. Let it melt and dissolve completely.
- Bring it to boil, when sugar syrup become a sticky consistent add cashew powder to it.
- Add milk, ghee and cardamom powder to it . Mix well till it gets thickened and start to seperate from pan.
- Pour this to a greased butter paper and roll it to thin.
- Let it cool completely and garnish with some edible foil. Cut into diamonds.