Karachi halwa is also known as bombay halwa. This halwa is made of corn flour and sugar. It is really easy to prepare.
It is having a soft texture and it is very delicate. Any color can be added to this halwa.
So it looks really yummy. Now lets see how to prepare karachi halwa from home.
Visit our Youtube channel Creativo Voyage
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Corn flour
- 1 Tsp Food color
- 3 Tbsp Ghee
- 4 Drops Lemon juice
- Almonds To garnish
- In a pan add sugar and one cup water and bring to boil.
- In a bowl mix the corn flour and remaining water.
- When sugar syrup started boiling switch the flame to low.
- Pour the corn flour mix to it and stir continuously for 5 minutes.
- To this add 1 tbsp ghee, mix well.
- Again add 1 tbsp ghee and mix well.
- Finally add 1 tbsp ghee for the third time and mix well.
- Then add lemon juice and food color and mix well.
- Keep stirring it continuously for 5-10 minutes or till get thickened.
- Pour this thickened halwa to a tray and garnish with chopped almonds.
- Let it cool for 1-2 hours. Cut into slices and serve.