Maamoul is one of the arabic cookie. It is filled with dates. We can also fill it with any type of nuts like almond, pistachio, walnut or even fig. Maamoul is one of the famous cookie which is served with arabic coffee or tea for the guests in arabian countries.
This maamoul cookie is having a soft texture outside when compared to other normal cookie. Maamoul are prepared before any occasion to serve theri guest. Let me show you how to prepare this tasty easy arabic cookie from home.
- 250 g Semolina
- 75 g Butter Melted
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable oil
- 3/4 Cup All purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup Powdered milk
- 1/2 Cup Powdered sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Baking powder
- A Pinch Salt
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Yeast
For date filling
- 250 g Dates
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- In a bowl add semolina, melted butter and vegetable oil and mix well. Kneed them well. Cover and keep them overnight.
- In a bowl add milk, sugar, a pinch of salt and yeast. Stir well and keep it till foamy.
- To the semolina mix add all purpose flour, powdered milk, powdered sugar, and baking powder. Mix them all well.
- To this add milk and yeast mixture and vanilla essence. Mix them and kneed them well. Keep it to rest for an hour.
- Remove the seed of dates and blend the dates to smooth.
- To the blended dates add some vegetable oil and mix well.
- Make the dates into small balls.
- Take the semolina dough and make them to balls.
- Slightly press the centre of semolina dough and fill it with date ball. Make them to a ball.
- Keep this filled dough in a cookie shaper and shape them.
- Preheat the oven 220℃ and then keep the cookie for 10 minutes, or till it become light brown color. Maamoul is ready.