A marble cake is a cake having marble like appearance which is formed by the blending of light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake. The vanilla chocolate combo cake is also called as a zebra cake due to its appearance. The marble cake can be prepared with any other combo like strawberry, vanilla or any other fruit flavour. Here I’m preparing an eggless marble cake. Lets see how to prepare it.
Marble cake (zebra cake)
- 1.5 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegetable oil
- 200 ml Milk
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking soda
- 2 Cup All purpose flour
- 1 Tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa powder
- A Pinch Salt
- In a blender add sugar, oil, salt and milk. Blend it all together.
- Pour this to a bowl. To this add baking powder, baking soda and all purpose flour. Mix them well.
- Add vanilla essence and mix it.
- Pour half of the batter to another bowl.
- Add cocoa powder to one of the batter.
- Greese the baking tray with butter or oil.
- To this tray pour one tablespoon of chocolate batter in the middle.
- On top of it pour one tablespoon of vanilla batter in the middle of chocolate batter.
- Continue this process with the batter.
- Finally with a tooth pic or knife slightly pull to the center to make a nice flower like design.
- Steam it for 35-40 minutes or untill cooked.